Wednesday, December 1, 2010

2.5 going on 12!

My baby girl is growing up before my eyes! I watch her in awe as she behaves in what I think is well beyond her years. She takes colouring so seriously that she concentrates so hard I have to remind her to eat her snack. Snack is a bowl of tostitoes and a cup of milk. Seriously, when did my 2.5 year old start lying on her belly with her ankles crossed colouring and casually munching on chips! Where did my baby go?

Recently Anna has taken to using my tactics against me. When it was time for bed but she wanted to watch Dora or Pooh, I would tell her they were gone DODO's. Then when pre-school started in September and she didn't want to go see Natasha (the teacher), she very seriously told me "Tata Dodo's! (Side bar: now when she is mad at me she cries out for Tata. complete 360 in 3 months.)

I have also been using the counting method to get her to listen. You know, you have till 5 to pick up your toys...followed by a timeout. I was shocked when after her nap today she yelled into the monitor "mommy come get me" She then proceeded to count to 5 and then yelled "time out". How do you not Laugh your A$$ off at that!

1 comment:

  1. It's scarey isn't it? They grow up so fast!
    I love how kids can just take things we say and turn them around on us.
    My L. has started to repeat things back to me, that I KNOW he could have only learned from me. "Mommy! You forgot to ask to be excused from the table! That frustrates me!"

    ReplyDelete