Thursday, September 2, 2010

stupid people make shopping with kids impossible!


When I was on Mat leave with Anna i often complained about the disrespectful people that would use the elevators when they dont have a stroller or disability. Even more annoying is when a mom takes her brood in the elevator and leaves no room for waiting strollers or wheelchairs. I got so annoyed over the year that I started voicing my beef with people, even getting in a verbal spat with a middle aged woman who was perfectly able to take the escalator. I mean seriously they are stairs that move, you don't even have to move your legs. How lazy are you. Once a woman in her 30's said to me after the 4th elevator passed (that I could not fit in because it was full of able bodied people) that she understood how i felt because she had a baby at home but then she and her husband who appeared to be in great shape, proceeded to enter the elevator. What part of "priority to strollers and wheelchairs" do these people not understand!

okay now that that is out of my system. Here is todays shopping beef! I now understand why priority parking exists for people with small children. Because we need space to romove car seats, strollers, kids, etc from our car. Today I discovered that since I can't let ignorance go unnoticed, I will always carry a pen and paper in my console. today a pen and tim hortons bag worked.

After a few hours shopping, I proceeded to my car to find that the Jack@#$ next to me parked so close I couldn't even walk between the cars, let alone open the door and put in a car seat. (See picture). To make this situation even dumber is the fact that there had to have been no way s/he could have gotten out of the drivers door unless they were abnormally small. the other side of their car had a post and they left about 4 feet of clearance. There was nothing I wanted more than for them to come out so I could give them a piece of my mind but i settled for the following note on their window.

"Thank you for parking so close that I had to leave my infant unattended while I moved my car out so i could put him in. Furthermore there is no way you got out of your car without hitting mine. I have taken down your license and will report any damage. Next time think before you park so stupidly signed: a disgruntled mom"

Maybe I was too harsh but man I am getting sick of ignorant people. For the record I did not leave Max unattended I struggled and put him in the car through the otherside, over the other carseat. Of course this resulted in waking him from his slumber and listening to crying for the next 10 minutes.

But it felt good to give a piece of my mind and it likely won't be the last time I do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment